Tuesday, April 3

a week set apart

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited that I came up with that oh so cg title :)
I'm glad about this week, of course, it's a hard week and it's painful near friday but it's so good and offers so much promise.

All I have to offer at the moment is this that I came across in the BCP. It's how I feel this week and I think captures the rending of our hearts and also the joy of coming fulfillment.

Kyrie Pantokrator

O ruler of the hosts above,
Father of the patriarchs,
and of all their upstanding offspring:
You made the stars, planets and the earth,
with all their vast array.
All things quake with fear at your presence;
they tremble because of your power.
But your merciful promise is beyond all measure;
it surpasses all that our minds can fathom.
O king, you are full of compassion,
long-suffering, and abounding in mercy.
You hold back your hand;
you do not punish as we deserve.
In your great goodness,
you have promised to forgive those who fall away,
that they may turn away from it and be made whole at the end.
And now, I bend the knee of my heart,
and make my appeal, sure of your goodness that need not be.
I have fallen away, father, I have fallen away,
and I know my sickness only too well.
Therefore I lift this up to you:
Relieve me of this, father, relieve me of this.
Do not let me waste away in my current state,
nor leave me in the depths of the earth.
For you, are the father of those who come back to you,
and in me you will show forth your goodness.
Unworthy as I am, you will show me grace,
in accordance with your great mercy,
and I will lift you up without ceasing all the days of my life.
For all the powers of the universe sing your songs,
and yours is the everything to ages of ages.
Agreed.

phew, that was a toughy cg wise, I'm hoping you have a book and so can look up the actual one. But it is beautiful and I hope it touches you this week.

I may write more later on, but for now, adieu. Hopefully, I'll have pictures of this weekend, if all goes according to plan!

No comments: