Thursday, September 17

jig for a gig

So, I've got my first "gig" this weekend. Gig meaning the first time I'll ever be paid to take pictures of other people. It randomly happened upon me by one of my co-workers. I'm very nervous and also excited. Namely, I'm excited because a friend of mine just notified me that she is also a Canon user and has compatible lenses! Sometimes having the right equipment is all you need to feel confident. (I'm talking about photography here...get your mind out of the gutter!)

So, if you happen to think of me on Saturday or any other time really, I could use your thoughts as I embark on this. I think it will be really fun and I have 2 hours on my way up to Wisconsin to troubleshoot anything that could possibly go wrong. Ha! I never really feel very confident doing new things...or just things! So, I'm trying very hard and I'll have my loyal sidekick with me and that will help, but the nerves are still there (probably always will be). But I'm hoping it's fun and fruitful and that I just capture the Ericksens family and their parents anniversary well. I was told yesterday that I can "be as directive as I want"...at least I'm good at that :) I also, I think, convinced them out of white t-shirts and denim pants.

Anyway, so that's going on this weekend and I'm excited for the opportunity to get to help them out so that they don't have to set a timer, hit a button and run into position to get some nice family photos.

Oh, also, for sh*** and giggles, a friend had up a link to this site and it's pretty much my favorite these days, enjoy! The Sacred Sandwich

Blessings, all! I was going to post about our first anniversary weekend but this came up instead. So, will do that later.

No comments: