Friday, March 30

noah

So, I remember that I said that thing about noah the other day and the only thing I have to say is that my general conclusion was that often Father does things for Father and for us, too but often incomprehensible to the human mind....so he makes this rainbow as covenant between the earth and he, but mostly to remind himself. How odd is that? Could it be that he is slightly more evasive than we usually think? And by evasive I mean he's less monophonic than we would like, I think. Mind you these are just the musings of a bear of very little brain so disregard what you discern to be faulty thinking. I think it's really cool that this is the case and it does not challenge my power to believe at all but it does seem odd nor am I discounting the views of the saints who I know had to say something about him for the belief to continue...

Anywho, I just thought that was interesting and we also had a discussion about whether or not the curse on the land was lifted, as it appears to have been since father seems to be almost most upset that he largely destroyed his creation. These are neither here nor there really, but just fun thinks to think :)

So, anywho, trying to think of other things to say. While this seems like it is Mink's news to tell and she should, I'm not sure how much you guys talk or not and posting a blog is so much faster than a snail mail letter...she's dating the estimable Ben Petty now! As of a couple days ago and after several years of his trying and after quite a bit of debacle, they finally concluded that it would go that way. Phew, this is such a relief to friends of hers such as myself who have thought and thought about this and wished something would go well in her life. So, thankfulness all around.

Greg's birthday party was a smash hit and it was very fun even though we arrived at Dave and Buster's almost 2 hours late (freakin' Chicago traffic!!!!!). But it was quite the time and some of his friends from other states came and that was a huge surprise and a well-received one at that. I still have about 24 jumbo muffins in my house, a pain when I can't have any cuz I gave them up for Lent. Gotta get rid of those things, can I send you cupcakes? :) We had a decorate your own cupcake bar at Jenn's house after we all left Dave and Buster's. His real b-day was the 28th as you could see but we just went to Olive Garden and then went and watched LOST with Carrie cuz I spent so much time on the surprise party, I didn't have much to do on the real day! Oops. I'm also working on this little journal thing where everybody wrote a little something and he can keep it and see it for years to come....that didn't get done by his b-day either, though :( Oh well, vigil is my life now. Going in about 20 minutes to go load up the trailer with vigil stuff (when will we get a building of our own!?)....

Hope Beijing is fun, Life of a Pilgrim. Write comments if you like cuz I don't think anyone else really even looks at this though they could post too if they wanted (I like that about Blogspot, anyone can post even if they don't have one).

It's palm sunday this week (i hope that's cg; they're too normal words, right?), should be a good partylicious change, yeah for feast days! Thinkin' of ya, have fun travellin'....
Peace out!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I wish I could eat your cupcakes for you! :) Just fedex them to China, ok? The weekend in Beijing was good...always fun to hang out with good girlfriends. I'm a little tired though; two nights on the train with snoring Chinese men will do that to you! It's a busy week with all the holiday stuff going on. The to-do list is quite lengthy! But it's also an exciting week in the classroom. Glad to hear everything went well with Greg's birthday. I'm thinking of you and Rez this week!