Wednesday, November 26

Day before I give thanks

Well, I woke up this morning particularly grumpy (I am not a morning person) and unenthused to a) be awake and alive and b) to have to go to work where I would a) be asked to accomplish several new things before the holiday and b) not get a lunch until 2pm (partly my own fault).

I also had a conversation with Greg this afternoon about how it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving. Well, what DOES Thanksgiving feel like anyway? Any contributions to make? Anyone? I mean, last year we had lots of people over and maybe I was just super excited about it. But, I'm not unexcited to have those over who are coming over this year. Also, I thought it was just my chagrin over not being with the rest of the Collinses over Thanksgiving. But, out of the last 7 years I've lived here, I've only been with them once. But I do really really miss them. And the reality that I may not get to go for Christmas either is settling in...poo. Anyhow, I was grumpy because I didn't *feel* like Thanksgiving. But, at the same time I am extremely thankful for many things. I will not list them at the moment because I'm working and have to get a couple things done in the next hour! Just trust me on this one...

I'm hoping that this
doesn't happen again this year.
I'm not taking him to the ER if it does...that's all I have to say. So, I guess at the least, I'm thankful for a better cutting board and safer knives this T-giving.

Yum, I am very looking forward to dinner tomorrow and the triptephane coma...oh how I love you. Lots of love to you, my faithful readers. If anyone wants to give shout outs on their ideas of T-giving, please feel free. Grace and peace in abundance!

No comments: